Sunday, May 10, 2009

Only 2 more weeks....

WOW

My time here in Spain has flown by to say the absolute least. Oh, yes Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there!

From the last time I blogged I have spent the last 3 weekends in, Uppsala, Sweden, stayed in Murcia for a weekend, and just got back from Almeria, Spain.

In Sweden I stayed with my friend Ginger. She is working with Campus Crusade and has been in Sweden for almost a year now, she'll return to the States in July,,I think. It was so nice to see a familiar face, someone who KNOWS me. We went to Stockholm and took a ferry across the Baltic sea to an island. It was such a nice and relaxing day. The people in Sweden were wonderful. We went to a BBQ that one of her Swedish hosted, and we ate Fika, and my last night there Ginger cooked Swedish meatballs. All very fun activities and good food. Fika is comparable to tapas here in Spain in my opinion. It's their time to sit down, get together and eat... but it's not dinner or lunch. I had a slight adventure upon my arrival to Sweden. I flew with RyanAir and sometimes they put you at airports that are not close to anything-- happed to yours truly. But no worries I took the bus to Stockholm just like Ginger instructed me to do, and my plan was to wait in the bus/train/metro station till I could take a train to Uppsala. Weeeeelll, the train station closed at about 1 so I was a little stranded in the city for 3 1/2 hours till it opened again and I could purchase my ticket. Haha.. ohhh adventures in Europe. Don't worry sports fans I was safe ;)

Next stop--- Murcia

The girls in my program planned an American party for all of our international friends and it was "country" versus "gangsta," it was fun. A good night and good weekend. Andrea and I spent a lot of time together (more than usual) we took about an hour walk to Espinardo (our campus) just because we felt like it. It was a very laid back weekend. I catch myself appreciating every little thing I can during these last few weeks.

Last stop--- Almeria

We went and stayed with our friend John-Micheal, he's from Louisiana and lives 10 minutes away from the beach here in Spain. We met him at Las Fallas in Valencia about a month ago. Andrea and I really wanted to get out of Murcia one last time... so we hit up John-Micheal. We stayed out on the beach the entire weekend and relaxed. It was so refreshing. On Saturday night he cooked a Fish Fry... it was amazing. Good fresh fish from Spain with Zatarain's batter from Louisiana equals a little piece of heaven on earth. I was so nice to not have to cook, and eat wonderful food. Almeria is a cute little town and if you look hard enough you can see the north African coast from its coast.

It is a very surreal feeling to be leaving this place I've come to love. Today on the bus I realized it was my last bus ride returning to Murcia. I am very excited about coming home but I know there are many things I will miss from Spain. There will be a blog about all that I'm sure after I get back to the States... I'll keep you posted and let you know I made it back safe and sound :)

Until then... have a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment